Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's been ages

I haven't posted since Christmas Eve. Here's how our Christmas went!

We spent Christmas Eve at Sister #2's house. It was a nice evening. The adults did a white elephant exchange via the internet using ooVoo. Except for a few gliches with sound being hard to hear, it worked out fine. I think next year we should get a reall microphone rather than trying to use the laptop one.

The hat for my niece was a big hit. Except she's all Canadian now and kept calling it a toque. Despite the language difference, she loved it.

Photobucket


Here are the kids before Christmas eve mass

Photobucket


A was excited for Christmas morning

Photobucket


They all got good stuff

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And then it was over!

Photobucket


The boys got football outfits for Christmas. And since it was a white Christmas, it definitely called for a snow football game.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I think B's trying to figure out the heisman pose.

We spent the rest of Christmas day at the SIL's house. It was lovely day.

The rest of the week was lazy and busy at the same time. When we were home we didn't do much, but we did a lot in between. DH & I went to a Mavericks game, the ILs took the whole family to Mannheim Steamroller, DH went to the Independence Bowl (poor Aggies), I started a new job, J turned 7 & celebrated at GattiTown. Finally on Friday the cousins came home from a trip to Orlando and A was relieved from her depression. Everyone came over on Saturday night to feast on turkey enchiladas from my dad and Lincoln Log Cake for J's birthday.

Photobucket


This was not the prettiest cake I have ever made but it was delicious. I made homemade vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips for the filling. DH told me multiple times that he liked the cake. Then he told me I could make it for his birthday. That is high praise for a sweet from him.

The kids returned to school last Monday and I'm still grumbling every morning when the alarm goes off. I totally agree with A that school should start at 10:00 am. I would love to not wake up to an alarm.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I hope B won't forget his beloved Baltimore Ravens. I think they will always hold a special place in his sports fan-ship.

Sarah said...

Oh no, he watched the Ravens v the Patriots on Sunday. He was in full outfit and proclaiming to everyone that his team won.