Friday, August 29, 2008

okay I must be crazy

I have no idea what I was thinking taking a second part time job. Okay, I know what I was thinking. First, my current part time job seems a little iffy, it is good to have a back up. Second, kid activities are darn expensive. The extra money will come in handy.

But I took a job programming in a language I've never taken a class in let alone actually worked with before. I clearly wasn't thinking. I was told I would get an easy peasy copy and paste project and it would be fine. That's not what happened. I got a "we've never done it quite like this before, but we sort of did it here and we sort of did it there, put it together with this 3rd project and you should be able to make it work." I'm having to figure it out on the fly and I'm not too happy about it.

My happy existence of working a an easy flexible schedule and sleeping through the night without work nightmares is gone. I had multiple dream and multiple episode of anxiety induced sleeplessness. Thank god for CNN Headline News. That news scroll always puts me back to sleep.

I called the guy who hired me this morning and told him I was a "little" stressed about what I'm doing. He reassured me that this wasn't the project that I was suppose to do and it would be okay if I was a little late. I felt better.

I kicked DH & the baby out of the house for a good hour or two of heads down programming. And what happened, the other job goes into panic mode and needs assistance immediately. Ugh.

I did fixed 3 of 4 problems for job #1, spent a good hour figuring out the major hurdle in job #2 and I'm finally starting to relax.

I'll see how long this 2 part time jobs will last before I really lose my sanity.

No comments: