Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Birthday & Bats

We spent last weekend in Austin visiting my best from since forever and her family. We've been trying to plan a weekend down there for awhile, but as always, life with 3 kids is way too busy. Each weekend in August had something going on, birthday parties that couldn't be skipped, the cousins last weekend in town, my friend's relatives were in town, labor day. The only weekend what was left was last weekend which also my birthday weekend. So we celebrated with friends down in Austin, which is one of the best ways to celebrate.

What I love about visiting my friend is that we don't have to do anything. We can just be lazy and hang out. The husbands took the 6 kids to the pool on Saturday afternoon while we went shopping. We ate good food at Austin restaurants. Kids played MarioKart (birthday present for me, DH says if he gets Wii for Christmas, I can get Wii games for my birthday.) I slept in until 8am on my birthday and my friend made me a birthday cake. It was a nice birthday weekend.

The childrens' highlight of the trip was a quick visit to Zilker Park & watching the bats. My favorite part was taking picture with my camera and my new fancy zoom lens.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: