Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had a lovely Easter weekend including baseball, soccer, egg dyeing, Easter vigil mass, an intense egg hunt, a fish fry with a little rain and more baseball. It was nice and relaxed and enjoyed by all.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I gave up sweets/desserts for Lent. I was excited to break my lenten sacrifice. We had donut muffins with breakfast on Easter morning and I made a peanut butter pie to bring to the ILs for the fish fry. The donut muffins were good but dry. Muffin tops would have been better. The peanut butter pie almost a disaster. My pie pan was a bit small and it overflowed. I was worried that it would never set. In the end, it turned out perfect. I've wanted to make the pie since last August. You can read Jennie's blog to hear the story behind it. The pie was a nice reminder to enjoy this time with our family.

No comments: