Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home from Vegas

We arrived home yesterday from our weekend in Vegas. I survived the marathon. It went much better than last year. I wasn't in nearly as much pain the next day and I cut almost 10 minutes off of my time. I not so nearly inclined to say that I would never do it again.

Vegas was Vegas. It will never be my favorite spot. I got enough of it to last me another 5-10 years. I did gamble, a little craps & blackjack plus some betting on the ponies. I was down about $150 until the last night I got a streak going at blackjack and I managed to come home $1.00 down. That's a feat for Vegas. We stayed at the Bellagio which was very nice. Here's the view from our hotel window.

Photobucket


My favorite part of the trip was going to see Hoover Dam. I wanted see it the last time I went to Vegas and that didn't work out. DH planned our trip so I could go this time. Isn't he sweet?

The side of the dam. I had my big lens on and I couldn't capture the whole thing. It was too big.
Photobucket

The turbines
Photobucket

View from the vent tunnel
Photobucket

Statue
Photobucket

Sunset
Photobucket

No comments: