Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Honey


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We had honeycomb from the bees in our kitchen for a couple of weeks now. Even though the honey is tasty, eating it straight from the comb is not. You can break off a piece, chew the honey out and spit out the wax. You can squish the comb and squeeze the honey out into your mouth. Neither method was great.

I googled and decided to try the pantyhose method. I found a pair of unused white hose from a wedding 15 years ago. I decided, after sitting in my sock drawer for that long, I really wasn't going to wear them. I smashed the honeycomb with a meat mallet and managed to get the mess into the cut off pantyhose leg. It is hanging from one of my kitchen cabinets and slowly dripping into the ziploc container.

Now I have to search for recipes using honey!

No comments: