Friday, May 18, 2012

Catching up

We've been busy lately. A is slogging through her first finals ever. School is finishing up. I'm working on a new project. I'm struggling with the ramp up and focusing on brain draining stuff again. That three month break was nice but DH likes in the income.

I had a nice Mother's Day on Sunday.  DH surprised me with a new bag.  It is one I looked at back at Christmas time but couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  It was a very nice surprise. I got breakfast in bed and spent the afternoon working in the yard. The grandmothers, niece and S#5 came over for dinner.  I requested takeout from Fish City Grill.  It was yummy and we did not have to wait for a table nor clean the kitchen when we were done.  Perfect!

I spent some time this afternoon pulling weeks and checking the garden.

The tomatoes are growing.


Photobucket


This is the same tomato back on May 1st.


Photobucket


I've been watching my other tomato plant closely waiting for the teeny tomatoes to grow.  I should have looked from the other side because today I found two nicely growing Brandywine.


Photobucket


I spied some baby jalapenos


Photobucket


On Mother's Day we dug up the onions so J could plant some corn.  They didn't get very big.  I'll have to figure out what I did wrong and try again next year.


Photobucket


In the mean time I need a recipe that uses pearl onion.  These would be perfect.

Mom gave me a mandevilla for Mother's Day.  I planted it out by my gas meter. Hopefully the pretty plant will distract from the ugly meter.


Photobucket


I spotted a monarch butterfly on the butterfly weed.


Photobucket


I also found another lint bug, aka wooly aphid.


Photobucket


We have a busy weekend ahead. DH is at the Byron Nelson and I have book club tonight. Tomorrow we have B's baseball game and A's ballet recital. Sunday is the 6th grade Mother/Daughter Tea, B's flag football playoff (games 1:00, 3:00, & 5:00), a end of the year Girl Scout Leader meeting and the cousins arrive home. Add into that A's obsessive studying for her finals. It is going to be a crazy weekend.

No comments: