Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Trip with the cousins - New Orleans Day 2

Sunday morning we had a few hours before we had to board the boat, so we headed downtown to check it out. A made beignets in her class at DECATS this summer and she really wanted to try some at Cafe Du Monde.

We parked the car and checked out the river. See our boat in the distance.

Photobucket


We walked to Cafe Du Monde and encountered this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Long, long lines. We were ready to walk away when DH and I asked each other, 'Isn't there a to-go window?' DH went to check it out, a minute later he was calling my name, telling me to come quick. There is a small room inside at Cafe Du Monde and there were empty tables and we got one. I'm not sure why all those people are waiting in that long line. Ten minutes later, we were eating beignets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Doesn't he look happy?

We walked around Jackson Square, checked out the art work, found the little bookstore I love, and petted a horse.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a quick trip around downtown but worth it. We headed to the dock to meet the cousins. After a long time in line carrying 2-3 12-packs of diet coke (cost-wise, I decided it was cheaper to bring my own diet coke on board, and BIL#2 helped me out carrying them through the line), we were finally aboard and heading out to sea.

Photobucket

No comments: