Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mini makeover - laundry room

There's nothing like removing a majority of the junk from your laundry room to clean a minor flood that makes you want to do something about all that junk. Over the past 4 years we've just piled stuff in there. We did a re-arrangement awhile ago but it didn't do anything about the junk. Some of it I tossed, some went in a donate pile, but the rest we do occasionally use like the candy bucket for Halloween. I needed to find a place to put it. It's just too disorganized.

Photobucket


DH came to the rescue for me by making a shelf in the water heater closet.

Photobucket


Now all those bags of cups that DH has purloined from Dad's Club meetings won't fall on me when I open the freezer door.

Also while cleaning we found things that were hidden. The old stained glass window hung in the kitchen in our old house. We went off to IKEA today to get a shelf. I added all the dogwood stuff my mother collects for me.

Photobucket


DH hung the towel rack/clothes hanger I bought at IKEA a year or two ago that we found in the back of a shelf.

Photobucket


It's going to be perfect come summertime for all the pool towels. Maybe since they will have a place they won't get dropped on the floor or on the back of the chairs in the playroom anymore. I can dream!

No comments: