Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend in Nashville

I had several inquiries wondering where my blog post about my weekend was. We got in late on Sunday. I actually worked yesterday, attended the all important "ballet-costume-handing-out-session" and promptly fell asleep reading as soon as the kids were in bed. I'm finally getting around to it.

The weekend was great.

We arrived Thursday and met S#1 & BIL at the airport. We checked into the hotel and they checked into the race. We ate lunch & shopped downtown. With no other plans, we went to Trader Joe's. It may not have been the best time for BIL since he works there, but it was a highlight for me. I got a small supply of dark chocolate covered caramels. After TJ's we went to a baseball game.

Photobucket

Photobucket


That is where we found out that S#5 is engaged.

Friday we shopped at a Borders by Vanderbilt and visited the Parthenon across the street.

Photobucket


For lunch, we drove to the middle of nowhere to check out a bbq place I found on the internet, Martin's Barbeque. It was the best meal of the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Saturday was the race. I dropped them off at the start.

Photobucket


I drove downtown and parked the car. I saw S#1 & BIL go through the 2 mile mark but missed DH. I didn't have race map with me so I walked to mile 12.5 and waiting for them there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We all took long naps that afternoon and went out for S#1's birthday dinner.

Sunday morning we dropped S#1 and BIL off at the airport and had a couple hours to fill. We drove out to a plantation but it didn't open until 11am. We trekked back to the other side of the city to check out The Hermitage, President Andrew Jackson's home.

Photobucket


They had a small museum and an audio walking tour, plus we picked up "The Presidents of the United States" place mats. Place mats are my present of choice to bring back to kids when we go out of town.

It really was a nice weekend. It was good to see my sister & BIL and celebrate her birthday. It was nice to get away for a few days. DH was very happy with his run. It was longer than his other runs, but it was a really hilly course. Part of me was happy that I didn't have to run the race. The other part of me was sad that I didn't get to run the race. There is one in November in San Antonio that some friends are going to run. I suppose I should test out my foot and see if I can join in the "fun".

No comments: