Thursday, September 10, 2009

Only me!

I somehow managed to get a parking ticket while parked in front of my own house! I'm so mad.

I guess I can't be too mad because I was parked facing the wrong direction, but I'm mad. I live on a very small residential street. There is hardly any traffic on this street. The neighbors park their cars the wrong direction too. None of them got tickets. I guess none of them were parked out there at 11:15 this morning.

I'm mad because when I park that direction, my car in the shade of the tree in the front yard. That is significant here in Texas.

I'm mad because now I'll have to park in the garage to keep out of the heat, which means I'll waste extra electricity opening the driveway gate multiple times a day.

I'm mad because it will mess up my driving habits. I'll have to go a different way so my car is parked in the correct direction. I hate driving down that end of the street. It has been patched and re-patched and it's all bumpy.

Honestly, something like this would only happen to me.

(I did call the parking department to make sure none of the neighbors had call to rat me out and was assured they did not work based on complaints. The neighbors can be like that so I had to make sure!)

No comments: