Thursday, March 19, 2009

Disappointing

We had a lovely morning planned. We were going to watch my niece in her Irish dancing performance. We were going to check out Tim Horton's for breakfast because it is a Canadian thing to do. Best of all I managed to talk DH into taking me to Make One, a LYS I had read about a long time ago.

The Irish dancing was nice. The niece O danced well and the performance wasn't too long.

Photobucket


We took off headed toward downtown hoping to spy a Tim Horton's on the way. Unfortunately, we didn't find one. We passed the LYS and drove around looking for one until A started complaining that she was feeling car sick. Instead we went to a little place called Heartland Cafe next to the LYS. We had a great breakfast. It was a lovely place.

We finished up at 10:55, just in time for the store to open at 11:00. We walked down the few stores to Make One and it was still dark. There was a bakery across the street so we wondered over there and bought a couple of loaves of bread. We got back at just after 11:00 and the store was still dark, absolutely no activity. DH went to get the car so the kids could at lease keep warm while we waited for the store to open. We drove around the block a few times and then waited more. Finally at 11:25, I told DH that we could leave. We had plans to take the kids skiing and I couldn't make them wait around all morning.

I'm really disappointed because DH went skiing in Lake Louise on Sunday but I stayed with the kids. He promised me that I could buy yarn in place of my lift ticket and rental instead. I had over $100 to spend in yarn and I missed out! Oh well. Maybe it will go better on our next trip to Calgary.

No comments: