Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bird nesting

The kids made doll quilts over spring break. I had lots of little scraps of fabric in a pile next to my sewing machine. I was trying to figure out what to do with them. DH insisted that I couldn't put them in the recycle bin. I couldn't bring myself to put them in the trash. I remembered something I had seen on the internet. It was a spiral wired basket thing that you filled with yarn scraps and hung in a tree for the birds to use in their nests. I didn't have the basket but I decided to put the fabric out for the birds.

Yesterday I put a few bits of fabric in the crooks of the branches of the little tree/bushes in the backyard. DH laughed at me. But just a few minutes ago, he came to tell me that he saw a bird taking some fabric. I was so excited. Unfortunately, the bird dropped it and it got tangled on another branch. I just spent the last few minutes watching the bird hop and peck at the fabric.

DH told me that I'm a tree hugging geek. I love it!

No comments: