Saturday, July 21, 2007

dried tomato cassrole

Torn from BH&G (I think), runners-up in the make-ahead dinner recipe contest

Ingredients: packaged ravioli, sun-dried tomatoes, cheddar, monterrey jack & parmesan cheese, eggs, milk.

Put the packaged ravioli in a buttered casserole. Sprinkle tomatoes then cheeses. Beat eggs with milk and pour over top. Refrigerate over night.

Changes: I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes, but I had fresh tomatoes from the garden. So I chopped up one of those, added a little oil, balsalmic, garlic & spices and let it sit for awhile. I also subbed mozzarella for the jack cheese.

Results: I thought it tasted like italian breakfast casserole and was a little bland. I used a cheese ravioli. Maybe it would be better if I used meat ravioli or if I added a little italian sausage. I thought it needed something more.

On the other hand DH & mom both liked it a lot and said they would have me make it again.

I kept the recipe.

No comments: